Your receipt of services by Bowled Over Dating (BOD, “we” “us”) including your attendance at Bowled Over Dating events, is governed by these terms and conditions. By agreeing to the terms and conditions via the BOD website, you agree to be bound to these terms and conditions
- Social Events are hosted by BOD, at venues operated by third parties.
- To participate in events run by BOD, you must be 18 years or older. You warrant that you are over 18 years of age.
- You agree that BOD may request you to verify your identity, including by producing photographic ID. BOD may refuse admission to any individual at BOD’s sole discretion based on invalid, altered or expired identification.
- BOD does not accept any responsibility or liability should a person not be 18 years or older or for the actions of any person that you may meet through a BOD event.
- Photographs/videos taken at all social events may be used by BOD for promotional purposes, and you hereby grant BOD a fee-free, royalty-free, non-transferable, non-geographically-restricted and non-time-limited license to use your Intellectual Property in any such photographs/videos of you, taken or posted by you, or taken at a social hosted by you, for such promotional purposes.
- BOD provides the service on an ‘as is’ basis and grants no warranties of any kind, express, implied or statutory with respect to the Service. BOD does not warrant that the service will be secure, uninterrupted or error-free, or that the service will meet your requirements or that any defects in the service will be corrected.All bookings must be made prior to the event. No walk ins to the event will be accepted
- BOD does not guarantee you will meet a specific number of attendees at any event or that there will be an equal number of male and female guests attending. This is because some people fail to attend an event even though they have accepted the invitation and paid.
- BOD is not a 'dating agency matchmaking service'. Nor is it a typical speed dating format. It's single people coming together to enjoy an activity and if two people like one another. BOD can connect them. (upon their permission)
- You cannot change your matches after they are sent.
- If you have special circumstances, (disabilities, anything!) Please email us first so BOD can accommodate your needs.
- BOD reserves the right to refuse entry.
Events, locations, times and dates may be changed or postponed due to reasons beyond our control. If we are unable to fill an event we make attempts to reschedule the event. You will be notified of the new date by [call, email or SMS] the day before the original event (unless a large number of people cancel on the day of the event, in which case we will notify you on the day of the original event). If the new date is not convenient for you, you will be offered the opportunity to wait for the next suitable event. [or a refund]
Furthermore due to the nature of outdoors Lawn Bowling, it must be a sunny day before it can commence. If its raining, understandably we cant bowl, this is completely up to the discretion of BOD. All measures will be taken to find out the weather for that day to guarantee the event goes ahead. If Lawn Bowling cannot commence – Ten Pin Bowling will be its replacement.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. You hereby indemnify, and will keep indemnified, BOD and its principals, employees and agents from any claim by any person however made for damages or compensation for any harm, injury, insult or loss however caused.
Limitation of Liability
- BOD holds no responsibility for the outcome of any relationship that may or may not arise between you and another person that you may meet through a BOD event. BOD takes no responsibility for the activities of participants, nor of participants at consequential meetings. If you participate in a Bowled Over Dating event, you agree not to initiate any claim or proceedings against Bowled over Dating resulting from either social or dating activities and agree to release Bowled Over Dating from any liability with respect to:In no event will BOD be liable to you or to any other person for any incidental, consequential or indirect damages before or after the event.
- Any matching contact details whether by customer error or error by Bowled Over Dating
- Any loss or damage you may suffer from the actions of any participant of a BOD event before, at or after an event.
- Any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of theft or damage to your belongings
- Any accident or injury caused to an event participant whilst bowling. (Lawn Bowling or Ten Pin Bowling)
- BOD does not conduct background checks or otherwise screen participants registering to our event. BOD will not be liable for any damages arising out of your related to your communications with or interactions with any other member of the event, or any individual you meet following an event.
- Information that you provide to BOD will be classed as either Private Information or Public Information, with the consequences set out below.
- Public Information is Information, personal or non-personal, that you provide for viewing, access or use by other Members or the public. This Information will not be treated as confidential by BOD, and will be available for viewing by other persons in the manner indicated by the context in which the Information is requested or accepted by BOD or is provided by you.
- You warrant and agree that all Information that you provide to BOD or other Members in connection with an event, by whatever method, will be accurate, true, not misleading, and not harmful or injurious to any person in any way, and will comply with the Code of Conduct.
- You acknowledge that BOD’s obligations in respect of your information under this Agreement are at all times subject to BOD’s obligations under any applicable law, including but not limited to our obligation to cooperate with police or other investigating authorities, and to produce information that is validly requested by a third party in any litigation process.
- Email communication: When you register with BOD you agree to be added to our mailing list and to:
- Have emails sent to you to inform you of upcoming events;
- Have emails/text messages sent to inform you of your matches from a BOD event;
- Communicate with you; and
- Send you newsletters and surveys.
BOD Code Of Conduct
This Code of conduct applies to you as a participant:
1. You MUST DO all of the following things:
- Behave with courtesy towards the other participants BOD staff, venue operators and their staff, and all other persons present at social event venues.
- Follow the directions of BOD and venue operators and their staff, during social events.
- Exercise all necessary care and caution are are a while participating in social event activities, for your own safety and that of other persons, and for the safety and integrity of your property and that of other persons.
- Report to BOD and the venue operator’s staff any significant health issues that you may have, such as food or drink allergies, or back (sporting related injuries)
- Take appropriate precautions to avoid sunburn, eye injury, dehydration, allergy attacks, heart attacks, electrocution, or other injuries to yourself and any other person.
- Bring with you adequate supplies of any medication that you must take
2. You MUST NOT DO any of the following things:
- Not bring to or take any drugs or non-prescription medication to social events, or permit any other person to do so.
- Not do anything to cause harm or injury to any person, including yourself, during any Social Event activity.
- Not administer any “date rape” drug to any person during a social event.
- Not take or steal any item of property from any person, including any other member or their guest.
- Not break any laws while attending or travelling to or from any social event, including drink-driving laws.
- Not argue or fight with any person. (this is, and not limited to: verbal or physical abuse)
- Not stalk, harass or otherwise improperly are are interfere with any person.
- Not consume alcohol excessively or allow your behaviour to be negatively affected by alcohol.
- BOD is a blind date scenario whereby participants do not know who is attending until the the commencement of the event. BOD does not offer refunds to participants who are not simply not happy with the type of people who attend our events.
- Pre-payment is the only way to secure a ticket at any event.
- If you have paid for an event and are unable to attend, notify us ASAP. If you notify us at least more than 7 days prior to an event, that you are unable to attend, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel 24-48 hours before your event, you will be credited to another event or feel free to send a same-gender friend in your place. If you cancel the day of the event or don't show, you forfeit your payment.
- If you come to an event and choose to leave for any reason, you forfeit your payment.
Intellectual Property Rights
The intellectual property rights in all contents of the website are owned by BOD. You are not allowed to make any copies of any part of any materials, or remove or change anything on the website. You must not use the BOD brand, logos or marks without prior written consent.